There is always a certain indescribable thrill about getting new packages in the mail. Keeping that in mind, you will understand why I was utterly jubilant this week when I (sort of) received two in the mail. Lucky me! More importantly, I got to meet up with an old friend this week. An afternoon together couldn’t catch me up on 10 years worth of stories, but I sure tried!
Monday, April 29, 2019
- My new phone came today! I am one seriously happy camper right now, so my facial expression should be obvious. I can actually reasonably run Google maps and my public transit app again without worrying about my phone crashing. I think I’m going to celebrate by going out traveling very soon. I’ve read about some issues with the model they provided me, but trust me it’s a huge step up.
- I found a potential new job opportunity. Fingers crossed. It came as I was feeling a sense of “carpe diem”. If it pays off I will be through the roof excited, but for now I can satisfy myself knowing that I have the guts to look and find something.
- I finally finished the last of a humongous load of laundry! My cerebral palsy makes a victory dance rather difficult, so I’m going to have to settle for a victory war whoop instead. Now that it’s finally done, I can smile without any reservations
Tuesday, April 30, 2019
- Boy! First a new phone, and now a new book! I get to be excited for two days in a row because Shane Burcaw finally released his latest autobiography! Of course, I pre-ordered mine weeks ago, so I have the added bonus of waking up to something new in my inbox, first thing in the morning. Shane, if you ever read this, I think you’re an awesome writer. I’d love to meet you someday if I ever end up in Minnesota, or you in California. That would probably make me smile for the rest of the year!
- Two of my coworkers gave me lunch today! Work may not always be eventful, but the people are always awesome!
Wednesday, May 1, 2019
- I was on my own for dinner tonight. The evening was quiet, and I found tinfoil wrapped extra cookies in the refrigerator. I had to finish them off of course, as they would have gone bad otherwise… What? Don’t look at me like that! I was doing my duty finishing leftovers doggone it! Never mind that these ones made me smile.
Thursday, May 2, 2019
- I finished the job application from Monday. Fingers crossed and a nervous smile. Wish me luck folks!
Friday, May 3, 2019
- I finished the majority of “Strangers Assume My Girlfriend Is My Nurse” today. Aaah Shane, your ability to make me laugh is unparalleled. Fantastic work sir!
- We saw “Their Finest” tonight. It is a very well constructed period piece centered around a lone female propagandist in the British Ministry of Information during World War II. It is simultaneously tragic and heartwarming (though not a true story as far as I am aware). Sometimes even sadness can make you smile.
Saturday, May 4, 2019
- Today was a very special day. I should explain that I had physical therapy 10 years ago. I’ve had physical therapy throughout most of my childhood, but when I turned 18 I was approved for physical therapy sessions at my local hospital due to some preoperative (and later postoperative) complications. One of my two primary therapists still works in the unit that I went to. Mom and I decided to pay her a visit today. The number of stories you can accumulate over a decade is absolutely mind blowing, and I couldn’t wait to share every single one of them. I didn’t quite get through everything that happened to me since then, but it was wonderful reconnecting with someone who played such a pivotal role in my teenage years. My smile lasted all day for this one.
Sunday, May 5, 2019
- I had a lot of administrative work to do today, but one thing that was definitely worth a smile was the time that I found to tinker with my Kindle. It has been so long since I have probed the internals of it that I forgot how everything worked. I rooted it years ago, but I haven’t really done much else with it besides read books. Hopefully my latest trick will be worth an Instagram photograph. It should be up within a couple of days, and it definitely made me smile.