I’ve noticed a pattern in life recently where I will have several weeks in which nothing is happening in a week or two where everything happens all at once. This is definitely a week to remember. I’m sorry this episode is almost a full week late by now, but in my defense these last two weeks have been some of the busiest I have had since last summer. I promise it was worth the wait though.
Monday, May 6, 2019
- Interacting with other people’s pets can be a mixed bag in terms of how they react to you when you have an obvious physical disability. Fortunately, the dog I ran into on the way to work today had no reservations about me whatsoever. His sunny disposition was a wonderful start to my day.
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
- I had lunch with a good friend from school today. Normally our talk turns to politics, and though we disagree on many areas, he never fails to provide an interesting perspective.
- The Korean chicken we had for lunch was very good, although I strongly suspect it was Americanized, because it tasted like normal chicken to me.
- Another movie night tonight. We saw “The Intruder” this time around. The pacing of the film was a bit slow at first, although I think a strong case could be made for why the slow parts of the movie actually built up tension. In all though, the movie was satisfying enough to elicit a smile from me (along with several goosebumps).
Wednesday, May 8, 2019
- My supervisor had time to have lunch with me today. Over the course of our conversation, it became clear that I know absolutely nothing about 80s culture. I was subsequently tasked with going home and watching “The Breakfast Club” sometime after work. I haven’t done it yet, but it is on the list of things to see. I don’t know when or how I will do it, as it’s not available on Netflix streaming. But the conversation made me smile.
Thursday, May 9, 2019
- Mom and I saw “Bless This Mess” today. It’s a promising show whose pilot made me smile, but overall I will have to put it in the “wait and see” category.
Friday, May 10, 2019
- Today was another quiet day. We all need those sometimes. This one made me smile.
Saturday, May 11, 2019
- This Saturday could not have been more of a contrast from the day before. AC and I went down to West Hollywood to see the sights. I had never been there before today. Traveling always makes me smile, but West Hollywood managed to make me smile above and beyond my normal levels.
- It turns out West Hollywood also has an amazing public library. I spent a solid 30 minutes admiring the view from their main window. There is something absolutely breathtaking about cities that have trouble explaining in words. The view from that library window encapsulates everything beautiful about them to me. Smiling doesn’t even come close to describing how I was feeling.
- I had falafel for the first time ever today. It’s definitely a keeper in terms of things that I would try again.
- In yet another first today, I had a coffee flavored milkshake. Don’t give me that look! It was amazing.
- Hanging out with AC again made me smile.
Sunday, May 12, 2019
- It was Mother’s Day today, and that means plenty of appreciation for mom. Mom wasn’t the only one who got a surprise though. Both of my siblings decided to come to town in a surprise visit! Once again, happiness doesn’t begin to describe how I felt about this. I haven’t seen either of them since Christmas and it was great to catch up again, even if it was only for two days.
- My elder sibling took us out to dinner. I ordered seasoned chicken of some sort. The sauce was so good that I wasn’t even the last one done with my meal, which is a very rare occurrence.
- Having a nuclear physicist and an electrical engineer in the same family can lead to some very interesting discussions about the future of humanity. Our after dinner conversation was one that I hope to remember forever. This is what life is about, fun, food and family. What an awesome way to close the week. Smiling can’t even begin to describe all of this.