All calamities of strike at once it seems. Sadly I was hit with two problems this week. First, I got a minor cold from work, and then my Internet went out when I was going to upload this week’s episode. Unfortunately the cold has two implications for my blog. First, I wasn’t doing much this week so there isn’t much to write about. Second, nasal congestion plays havoc with computerized speech dictation, so my notes this week are pretty basic. I’m sorry for the delay. On the bright side, seven days end to end is probably the fastest time I have ever recovered from a cold.
Monday, April 8, 2019
- I watched the Blender Foundation’s latest video today. It made me smile. The Blender people do amazing work, I highly recommend checking them out.
Tuesday, April 9, 2019
- The wind was fierce tonight. It rattled my windows, but I smiled because I didn’t go out in it at all today.
Wednesday, April 10, 2019
- I have been fighting a cold since Monday, and as of today, I can swallow again without hating existence. I still have some Sinus issues, but sleeping for almost 48 hours straight has dramatically improved things. Smile! Normally this process takes a month.
Thursday, April 11, 2019
- I ate normally today (ie standard diet and portion sizes) for the first time this week. It is nice to have normal food again!
Friday April 12, 2019
- I felt well enough to approach the rest of the family without fear of starting an epidemic today, so we watched the film “Vice“. I’m not gonna lie, parts of it infuriated me, but it was executed with a gallows humor that belied the gravity of the subject matter, which weirdly made me laugh
Saturday, April 13, 2019
- I was invited to a volunteer luncheon today for work. I got a chance to say goodbye to one of the volunteers who I won’t be seeing again for quite some time. Lengthy goodbyes are always difficult for me but we’re pretty sure will be able to see each other again sometime, so fortunately it’s not permanent. I am glad I got a chance to give a proper goodbye though.
Sunday, April 14, 2019
- Mark this! I’m sufficiently recovered as of today to get up at normal time! Recovery continues, along with the smiles!
One thought on “The Plague Strikes”
The worst thing about being bedridden is the thought of not doing anything…