This is probably one of the lowest key holiday weeks that I have ever had. I suppose it’s a little bit easier to smile when there’s no real planning to be done., Did I forget to mention which holiday? Happy belated Easter!
Monday, April 15, 2019
- I played a game of 0AD today, I survived for a whole 40 minutes against the AI on medium difficulty. I’m so excited! That has never happened before. If you want to try your own luck against the AI, the game is free to download. Be warned though, it’s addictive!
- I was given the day off of work today, so I could take life easy again for a while. That always makes me smile.
Tuesday, April 16, 2019
- Construction is complete at work today! I am happy for reasons I can’t begin to explain. Suffice it to say that one of the improvements was an ADA ramp just outside of where I work.
- We stayed home and watched “Split” for movie Tuesday. The acting was insanely good. Who knew goosebumps can make you smile!
Wednesday, April 17, 2019
- I am so totally the boss of time management now! I woke up for work an hour later than usual, but still managed to be early. Other than a bit of a rush job on my shaving, things didn’t turn out that badly either.
Thursday, April 18, 2019
- I saw the season finale of “Speechless” today. I hope they come out with another season, but if not, they are at a good place to end the show. If this is indeed the end, then it’s been a fun run guys. You’ve made me smile more times than I can count. Thanks a million.
- I finally beat that pesky AI today. Well, for the most part. I haven’t technically ended the game, but 80% of his structures are destroyed. It’s nice to win for once.
Friday, April 19, 2019
- We saw “No Men Beyond This Point” this evening. No one is spared in this mockumentary lampooning both sides of the gender war. It definitely made me smile, even as I squirmed.
Saturday, April 20, 2019
- I started a fairly large writing project for my blog today. I’m not going to reveal too much yet, but I’m enjoying how it’s turning out. It’s definitely making me smile to kick things up to the next level.
- I got to bed early tonight for the first time in a gazillion years! Getting enough sleep to have pep and vinegar for the next day makes me smile!
Sunday, April 22, 2019
- It has been spotty over the last week, but our Internet signal is back! I can smile either way though, because having a bit of the digital detox has been cleansing for my soul.
- Easter today! In what has to be a first for my family, the usual parties did not do home cooking. Instead, we went out. The ambiance was lovely, the food was (mostly) lovely, and the wait staff were excellent.
- Speaking of the waiters, we briefly got into a conversation with one of them about dogs. It turns out that he owns two Siberian Huskies. Seeing a picture of his youngest puppy brought an extra large smile to my face. We also have a Siberian Husky, so I could definitely relate to the boundless energy his puppy had.