This week seems to feature food very prominently. I assure you, dear reader, that this type of eating is highly anomalous for me. A series of circumstances occurred over the past few days, which – well, lets just say my appetite was fully satisfied. With what you ask? Read on and smile!
Monday, February 25, 2019
- My family and I watched the series premiere of “Whiskey Cavalier” tonight. It was an absolutely hilarious start to a promising series. Bottom line: it made all of us smile.
Tuesday, February 26, 2019
- The lunch room at work has two microwaves in it. Typically they are on a shelf above the sink. They are difficult (but not impossible) to reach from the standard position in my chair. Today I discovered that somebody in charge had one of them moved to a much more accessible counter top at my eye level. Little accommodations like this make a world of difference to me and are super helpful. The thoughtfulness of that decision also made me smile, especially because they took it upon themselves to make this change.
- A co-worker gave me a home-made chocolate and peanut-butter brownie during lunch today! It was lovely. Of course it made me smile!
Wednesday, February 27, 2019
- I got a whole 1.5 hours of extra sleep last night! It was way easier to get up this morning! That makes me smile, even in the early hours.
- I heard from an old friend this morning via Facebook chat. I haven’t seen him in a while, but he seems to be doing well despite being insanely busy. Random life updates make me smile
- The accessible microwave from yesterday turned out to be broken. But never fear, it was replaced with a shiny new one by the time I rolled into work this morning! Woohoo!
- I got to pet a gorgeous therapy Labrador named Cutter at work today! His cheery, unhurried disposition and silky soft fur made me smile.
Thursday, February 28, 2019
- I was listening to Ludovico Einaudi on my alarm clock/cd player last night. I must have forgotten to change it back to my usual John Coltrain album, because I woke up to Ludovico Einaudi this morning when my alarm went off. The change of pace made me smile.
- I called someone special to sing the last measure of “Happy Birthday” to them. Another year in the books is worth a smile!
- My desk partner made two cups of coffee for me during lunch this afternoon. Thank you, they were wonderful!
- Mom and I saw last week’s “Speechless” episode tonight. I smiled, as always.
Friday, March 1, 2019
- Mom, Grandmother, and I went to a complimentary Sirloin Steak brunch at Red Lobster this morning. If that wasn’t enough to make me smile, then I should mention I had their Cheddar Bay Biscuits for the first time. I’m not a foodie, but oh my GOD, those biscuits must be what pure happiness tastes like!
- I made significant progress in cleaning my desk today. Its not done, but what I accomplished still made me smile
Saturday, March 2, 2019
- It rained today, but I didn’t have to go out while the weather was bad. The ground is mostly dry now. That smile is one of relief!
Sunday, March 3, 2019
- We celebrated the aforementioned birthday tonight (see February 28) . With prime rib! Mmm! In case it isn’t obvious, I was smiling all evening.
- I received a shipment of parts tonight for a project I am working on. Getting shipping boxes is like having Christmas come early. I sang a measure of the hallelujah chorus when I saw my package; with a smile of course.
2 thoughts on “Weekly Smiles: Wonderful Food! February 25 — March 3”
Never heard of Ludovi Einaudi, so YouTube to the rescue…
Also wondering about those biscuits, I don’t think we have anything similar here in Belgium…
Keep up the smiling!
The biscuits are apparently simple to make. I found a copy of the recipe here: https://www.theslowroasteditalian.com/2013/10/copycat-red-lobster-cheddar-bay-biscuits-20-minutes.html
(Scroll near the bottom of the page, a lot of ads unfortunately). I haven’t tested this recipe against the real thing, but they look convincing.
Thanks for reading!